23 September, 2008

Alright, Alright!


Ok, Ok, Ok...I have been putting of blogging for really long! I keep telling myself it will get done. So, keep your eyes open for a few new posts the next couple days...


So, My trip home was amazing! I love Pennsylvania so much and I miss it already. I hope that in the future, my kids will get to visit their Grandparents and think of it fondly like I do. One of the things I did while I was home was take on the Roots adventure. "Roots" (pronounced the Pennsylvanian way with the "oo" sounding like foot) is an open, old fashioned market selling all sorts of goodies from fresh picked fruit, to cow's tongues, to pig stomachs, to sunglasses, kites, luggage, and all sorts of plain old JUNK. It's open every Tuesday. On Tuesday Evening and into the night, there is a food auction where they auction off all sorts of bulk food items to the highest bidder, usually being the person willing to top 50 cents. I have many memories of this beautiful place filled with all sorts of lovely smelling Amish...and their delicious home baked goods. Just writing this is making me nostalgic.
This is my sister in law MicaAnd my sister Jenny

2 comments:

Alternative polka said...

yeah in mexico they have stuff like that. Los Tieangis. I loved it there. or El Mercado. except there were usually heads of pigs hanging up in the shops and it smelled like someone had defficated somewhere.

Jenny said...

FYI...MIKA. And this was a blast. So much so that I went twice while I was home.