13 February, 2010

Update

Haven't blogged, not apologizing. :)

So, since my last post, not a ton has happened. Well, a lot has happened, but not anything too exciting that I can really post pictures on or anything. Biggest life changing event: I quit my job so I could go back to school full time! It was a hard decision. I have been with the clinic for 2 1/2 years and have loved it! Every job has those things you will never miss, but all in all, I loved it. I loved the quirkiness of the doctor I worked for, I loved the everyday schedule I held, and of course I loved the biweekly paycheck. I miss a lot of it, but I am happy with my decision. I love being back in school. I feel like I am progressing in my life plan. I feel like I have a life plan! I feel smarter! I am studying to be a nurse, and only have a few classes left before I can start applying to nursing schools...the last two are the hardest too...Anatomy and Physiology. I had started the semester out signed up for both, but as it turned out, Physiology is just not my cup of tea. I am all things retarded when it comes to Physiology, so I decided to take it slower and switch around some classes. I am now on track to receive my associates degree at the end of this semester.

A few odds and ends that I think I may have left out:
I am currently enrolled in a tap dancing class. I have wanted to learn to tap dance ever since I was a kid! I signed myself up in September and got to work. I am now in the intermediate class. I love it so much!...Ryan could tell you that! I can't stop. If there is a hard floor, even carpet, I am usually tapping. Most of the time I don't realize I'm doing it till he looks at me with his "you're doing it again, and everyone is watching you" look. I was even in a recital at the beginning of January. If anyone remembers me from high school...they know how much I have being put on the spot in recitals! It usually ends bad...but this, I couldn't wait for!

Callista is doing great, she has grown a full 2 inches and a good deal around. You probably couldn't tell if you aren't me, but I'm excited. However, I think I have decided that I like her more this size...I can sit and watch movies while I hold her and play with her.

I have also enrolled in an Ice Skating class through school. It is really very hard. I am supposed to lean this way and put my other foot...where?? Are you crazy? Ok....OUCH!. Needless to say, I might need two new hip bones and a new elbow by the end of the semester....But, I can skate forwards, backwards, turn around while skating, do one jump...badly, and forward crossovers...I'm still working on backwards crossovers...

Lastly, my favorite class this semester is also the shortest and most dangerous. Snowboarding! I love it! And I have learned so much! I love boarding. It is so much fun! Unfortunately, it is also the most painful. I think I am just starting to learn how to board well enough that a helmet may start to come in handy......hence the whiplash I am currently experiencing. The mountain is really really Icy right now because PA is hogging all of the snow! Half of my snowboarding class is out of commission with broken bones. I keep thinking...it's only a matter of time...but I'll be careful. If it does happen, and I have access to my arms...I'll be sure to post about it. For now, though....this was a very condensed update.

Oh, and I'd like to share my sister's new blog with everyone! She makes jewelry and she makes some of the cutest and most elegant stuff! I am so jealous of her talent I am green!
Fashionable Finery

No comments: